Spring

Oh hi guys, planning permission?
Nope, still no reply.
We've been in contact with our architects and the planning office trying to do all we can to shift things along to no real avail because what I have learned is that people seem to work in week by week deadlines.
"I'll get back to you by the end of the week"
"I'll touchbase at the end of the week"
"I'll have the report at the end of the week"

If one person started saying "I'll get back to you by the end of the day" maybe the next person they spoke to would shift a gear and get their shit together by the end of the day.

I can't tell you how frustrating this whole process has been and we haven't even started building yet.
August last year seems so long ago but I feel like this year's August is looming, not around the corner but right there in front of me. I was naive in thinking that we'd have planning by now.
My next moment of naiveté is in how quickly we'll be able to build and furnish.
I feel like Kevin from Grand Design's is about to do a troubled voiceover on our journey so far, how we really underestimated the time it would take to get started and that in his opinion we're about to go over budget by about a million.

On a lighter note Jakes family joined us for the weekend to make the most of the little lambs! So far each time they've visited we've had the weather on team, this weekend was no exception. I walked out the house Saturday morning and was narcissistic enough to drive up the hill to take a photo of it in the sun. The house looks pretty secluded in it's little valley.


Sunday morning took a little walk of the fields and river around the house, which they hadn't done since last summer when the fern was up to our eyeballs, so they actually managed to see some of the land this time.
Christine found her calling as professional walker when she found two sticks to help her along the way, and Steve conquered a mighty river crossing with some help from Mam, Queen of the stepping stones.




This was also the week of the eclipse. For future reference in preparation for the next one in 2090; pin hole cameras are a bit of a let down and welding masks are the unsung hero of the time.

This week I'll leave with a photo of our early lambs wearing their little coats enjoying the spring sun.


Comments

Popular Posts